Friday, July 21, 2006

As someone has recently pointed out, I have not posted in quite some time. My assurance to all of my faithful readers (the 2 or 3 of you) is that this fact is a reflection of my level of busyness, not my level of interest in entertaining or informing you.

The last month and a half have indeed been quite busy. Laura and I have moved from Chesapeake to Portsmouth, VA -- ironically from a 2 bedroom on the second floor to a 3 bedroom on the third floor. For the most part, the move was as typical as it can get when one tries to move in the middle of July in Virginia (90 degrees with 90% humidity). Thank God we had plenty of help with the big stuff. Can you see Laura and I carrying dressers up three flights of stairs?However, it wa a major hassel getting into our place. For right now, I will tell you it involved a carpet, a dead bird, dust bunnies, and poor service. I will write more about that another time.

On another note, I have applied for three different full-time positions. The first, is an inside sales position with Bank of America. This job offers more sales experience, upward mobility, a good company culture, and tuition reimbursement. The second, is Walgreen's management. This position offers a fast-paced environment, individual supervisory freedom, good pay, and terrible hours. The last, is a Student Activities Coordinator's position at a community college in Hampton. This job offers a good atmosphere, the opportunity to help other college students succeed, good hours, long commute, and good pay. Each of these positions has advantages and disadvantages and each would take me on a different career path.

Finally, I am thinking about my educational path after Regent University. I can see the benefits of getting an MBA; however, I just don't know if that is where my interests are. I tend to gravitate toward organizational behavior, leading change, communications, training, and ethics--largely the soft skills. I am not sure if I lean this direction because it is where I am supposed to study or because I just loathe the idea of taking accounting. I guess only time will tell. I am scheduled to take managerial accounting and finance in the spring semester; we will see what happens with that when the time comes. Who knows, maybe I will become a financial guy in the end.

I look forward to making a few changes to the blog by summer's end. I hope you will continue to visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


web page counter
Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
Powered by Blogger