Saturday, July 29, 2006


When we told people that we were moving to the Virginia Beach area, many people made reference to the sun and the beach. I said it then, and I will say it now, "I don't like the beach and I dislike the sun even more." Summer in Viriginia Beach is about as exciting as winter in Siberia. In addition, this area of Virginia has another glorious perk... humidity and lots of it. Performing simple daily tasks such as walking to the mailbox or taking out the trash now mean catching a shower and a fresh change of clothes. It is so humid in this area, if you took a drinking glass, held it out away from your body, and spun around about a dozen times, you would have a glass of water. In the final analysis, I guess I am a native Buffalonian in mind and body. Final thought: I can't wait for October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


web page counter
Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
Powered by Blogger