Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I started my new job today. I am the Advising and Student Services Counselor with the Regent's School of Undergraduate Studies (RSU). In this position, I generally answer students' inquiries by phone and email, manage the flow of paperwork between my department, Central Enrollment, and Admissions. In addition, I will be examining the systems in place for areas of improvement, streamlining, and efficiency. Lastly, there will be "other duties as assigned," as there usually is in most positions.

My schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Though the position is classified as temporary and my wage will not support a family (hopefully starting one in the next two years), the health benefits will be pretty good once I become a regular FT employee, which should be sometime before or around February.

After one day, all I can say is the office staff seems cheerful and helpful to one another as well as dedicated to serving the students. My trainer, Tracy, is knowledgeable and pleasant, and I have a lot to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


web page counter
Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
Powered by Blogger