Thursday, December 14, 2006

On Tuesday, I had my last class of the session/semester, and for the first time since beginning my education at Regent, I have finished all my assignments by the last class! What does that mean? It means that my semester is truly over... technically five days early. No papers to write, posts to finish, or projects to finalize. No last minute stress, no all-nighters this coming weekend, and no late night visits to the library looking for critical research. What a joy it is this time around.

Officially, I have now been employed with Regent Undergrad for 6 weeks! They have not gotten sick of me yet! Amidst the daily routine of paperwork and phone calls, my office mates and I have managed to have some fun. Recently, we participated in the annual office Christmas carol parody. This year, we took home the coveted nutcracker trophey for our rendition of Sleigh Bells. After someone from our competition put a hit on our nutcracker, we called in reinforcements; thus, we now have 30 miniature plastic police men "protecting" our nutcracker.

In addition to the open office antics, we have a secret Santa. Someone mysteriously placed presents under the Christmas tree for everyone. I have ideas of who it may have been, but I am not telling... because it is a secret. These things make office work more exciting; however, we must now move beyond the university walls...

Laura and I will be going "home" for Christmas. In a 10 day all-expenses-paid-by-us excursion, we will pack up the Elantra and make the drive to Cleveland on Dec 21--leaving at 2-3 am. We will spend 3 days there until Christmas eve, making the trip to Buffalo. After spending Christmas day and several days after, we will return to Cleveland for another visit. Finally, we will make the trek back to Virginia Beach on New Year's Eve (but during the day). We certainly look forward to seeing everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


web page counter
Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
Powered by Blogger